Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day at the Park

Tuesday Daddy wanted to make sure that Lydia took a good nap so he took her to the park for the morning. He said that she made a little friend while she was there and the friend kept chasing her around on this play set thing...she loves to be chased.


Here she is driving..I swear we were just at this park a couple weeks ago during a warm spell and she could not even touch this thing.


I thought this was a really cute angle. I can tell she is getting longer but once again I think it is all in her legs. I just put a 12 month romper on her today and it fits fine.


and of course they had to hit the slide. I am sure daddy took her on the really tall one since mommy was not there to say no. I am just not going to ask.


Seeing these pictures reminds me of one of her favorite books right now. Jack and Lily at the Park. She calls it her Park book. At the end it shows all these pictures of different things that you can go back and look for in the book. It is amazing how many things that if I ask her "Where is the kite?" she can point to it! I am trying to step up the signing with her because I know there is much more she wants to say and cannot. But now that we have the basics, more, all done, milk, water, cracker, hurt, hot, up, down, etc...it is harder to getting her to sign the specific things and some of those things signs are much more difficult for her to do. I have been teaching here the colors thinking that if she could not say what it was that she wants she could maybe tell me the color of it at least..but those are kinda hard. She as mimiced blue and yellow...but the rest of the colors are pretty difficult for such little fingers. Also Lydia will now count to 10 only skipping the numbers one and seven. Sometimes she will say 12 instead of 7...??? I don' t think we will ever get her to say one. Anytime you say it she just will to right on to 2.

I had a great day with her yesterday. I hate to be happy to be off work when it means that so many folks homes has water damage...but I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud right! We even has 2 hour delay today which was great. Today is my day I have to be at work at 7:10. I do get out at 2:30 but Lord it is hard getting here soooo early. So I always pray for a delay on Thursdays. I hope everyone is safe and dry out in blogger land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun at the park!! I love the action shots. It feels like I am the one chasing Lydia by the way you all took the pics ;)

April

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Great pics! Nothing will tire a kiddo out more than some outdoor playtime!