Monday, June 9, 2008

Chicken Dance

We went to a birthday party this weekend. I was very nervous about taking Lydia with the way she has been acting lately but all went pretty well. She played pretty well with the other two girls until about three hours into the party. Then the screaming and stealing started and we almost had a bite but I grabbed her in time to avoid that. But no hitting so that was good. They found a Elmo that is dressed in a chicken suit and plays the Chicken Dance. So here are the girls dancing to it. The first girl was the birthday girl's cousin, she was three and did a good job playing with Lydia. Then there was Lydia and in the back was the Birthday Girl! Since "flapping her wings" is a "home sign" that my brother made up..she caught on pretty quickly on how to dance.

Speaking of dancing...oh lord, you all have to witness my daughter dancing to "Wanna be starting something" from the Thriller album. I put out her dance floor (my yoga mat) and she goes to town. She does this shoulder shrug butt shakin thing...it is too cute. I love it. Also her new thing is to say OK. You used to say "Lydia do you want some milk?" and she would sign and say "milk' now she will say "no" or "ok" too much folks...I wish I could just tape her all of the time to remember everything.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You MUST video tape her dancing to Michael Jackson! And she looks like she can do one mean chicken dance!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Love the wings! I agree with Kim--a video of her dancing to Michael Jackson is in order!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Love the wings! I agree with Kim--a video of her dancing to Michael Jackson is in order!

Mountain Mama said...

I can't wait to see her special move!

Neurotic Atty said...

Yes, yes, we need video of the dancing!