Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Now there were from a different night earlier in the week. We took her on a couple of ride and she was not impressed. She did not cry or act scared. She just did not care. I think she was too tired. When we took her back on Thursday she LOVED them. I loved also that most of the kiddie ride the parent could ride with them. That is better than Idwilde!
And of course, we are at the beach so Lydia decided to try out for a Girls Gone Wild video...
Here is Vince showing her the ocean.
Here is Daddy showing how cold the water is
Now Nonnie is trying to get Lydia used to the water
The rest of the time we filled up this baby pool with ocean water and as you can see everyone used it!
and yes, my poor deprived daughter had a different suit for all seven days at the beach and HAD SOME LEFT OVER. Her poor mommy had one suit that fit and one suit that I wore even though my girls were hanging out..I figured everyone else had all there stuff hanging out..so could I! I had picked up a few at Gap last year during clearance. Then when I got my box full of goodies from Kim there were more suits in there, then when people found out we were going to the beach they started buying more suits!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
She did not really catch on to the sand molds but she liked carrying them around and throwing them. Check out the space tent the background. It was a great sunshade. Many folks came up to us and asked where we got it. It was so easy to carry down to the beach and a easy to set up. You did need three people at the end to pull up each end so that it would pop up in the middle.
I love when she plays with her shadow.
Here little feet print. Ever since I got the ultrasound that you could see her little feet I have been obsessed with them.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
I wanted a picture of Mark, Lyd and I dressed up on the beach. But the night we dressed nice, we ended up home early..so this is all I got.
KISSES until tomorow
Last night on the beach! We are eating very yummy Italian food
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
2. Don't buy your child a drink in a styrofoam cup if you don't want a whole cup a milk on Old Navy's floor when she puts her thumb through the cup and rips it in half.
3. Then don't place your large not even drank out of iced tea behind the stroller when you are cleaning up the said milk unless you want your iced tea to knocked over by your daughter throwing a fit in the stroller.
4. Don't take a 17 half month old to get her pictures done by yourself.
5. Then don't forgive your daughter when you get home, give her some milk in her plastic straw cup unless you want milk all over your kitchen floor.
6. We are still without Ruby..of course, when he did the work he told us the car is still not running right and now he thinks some of the valves are bent..he warned us that might happen.
7. So my husband borrowed my parents Jeep and it died when he got home from his festival..Car two in the shop.
8. Then my mom comes home from work yesterday and the brake light in her work car came on..Car three in the shop..can you believe it ?!
9. I heard about some job openings in the county..I am trying to think if I want stay in elementary but travel to four schools or go to high school and be at one school...
10. Ok once again think light..I lost .5 pounds last week but I am sure that after my weekend in NJ it will be ugly in the morning.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
2. It is so much easier to clean the house when Lydia is at my parents.
3. I am excited to be hosting Book Club tomorrow. I love throwing parties and entertaining.
4. I am proud that I hung up some of my laundry to dry...I am really trying to go green.
5. We are closing up the Junior League here in Fairmont. It is kinda sad. I have not been a Junior Leaguer long but it has been in the Fairmont area for close to 100 years. I wish we could get some folks to join but it is not happening.
6. My blood pressure was perfect at my yearly appointment...but my weight was not. I still weight the same weight as when I came in for my 6 week post natal..I am a size smaller but the scale has not moved.
7. I finally got ahold of my girlfriend in Jersey...so Lydia and I girls weekend is back on. We are leaving Friday. Six and half hours in the car, just the two of us...be praying for me
8. My poor kitties are so neglected now..I used to brush them, bath them and trim their nail weekly.
9. Lydia is doing so much better at night since we are not forcing the nap. If she falls asleep or asks for her bink then I put her down. If not we put her down at 8 and she sleeps till 8...it is great.
10. Think light for the morning. Still no loss...
Monday, July 7, 2008
This one was for Nonni and Poppi...a little background for those who don't know. I live in the same county were I grew up but not the same town. My high school (where my dad was principal from the time the school opened to when he retired a couple of years ago) had a mascot of the Huskies. Our biggest rivals were the West Fairmont Polar Bears..and guess what school district we live in....
My parents swear they will come and pick up Lydia to take her to North Marion...
quick Ruby update..I know many of my friends have been worried about what was her diagnosis and how I was going to take it...It was her timing belt but an Idler pulley(sp?) came apart and went through the casing..so we have to get pulley kit from Ford plus a new timing belt...so it was a little more expensive than I was hoping but less than my "I am not paying more than this amount" amount. So as of now VIVA RUBY!!!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
This was a path that you walked through to see the kangaroos.
I made Mark take this picture. As he was getting Lydia out of the stroller, he about jumped out of his shoes..he thought this was a real giraffe. It was too funny. I am sure that he just saw something out of the corner of his eye but I thought it was funny anyway.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
2. Do not go to IKEA for the first time by yourselves...way to overwhelming..bring someone who has been there before with you.
3. If your knee is sore and stiff for a week, DO NOT wear flip flop to the zoo where you are going to be walking forever..you will come home with a sore hip and ankle too.
4. Talking about hurting body parts makes you old.
5. Don't read scary books about young girls being killed when you are a new parent of a little girl...
6. I cannot believe it is July already and my summer break is 1/3 of the way over.
7. My baby is 17 months old today.
8. Yesterday my homemade hot dog sauce rocked, my homemade ice cream did not...I have no idea what I did wrong...or maybe it was God saying..don't eat ice cream when you are trying to lose weight..
9. We had a really good time with the zoo. Lydia is starting to not want to be in her car seat. I am starting to get nervous about the trip to New Jersey. She and I will be going up alone for six hours...yikes.
10. No loss no gain last week. With all the crap I ate preparing and at the wedding, I guess that was good. I just hoped the high impact aerobic class helped a little more..think light thoughts for the morning.