Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Sweet Ruby


Ruby is my first baby. She was my first car. My dad bought her for me brand new and I have babied her since. Oil changes every 3000 miles washed her constantly, no one was allowed to eat, drink or smoke in her..so on and so on. Her inside is 11 years old and looks better than the inside of my 2005 Escape! She died on the interstate tonight. Luckily Mark was driving and is ok. We had her towed but I am nervous. I don't want to put a ton of money in a car that has 158,000 miles on it. But in Ruby's defense..I have never put any money in her. You could not have asked for a better car. I hope it is something simple to fix....

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

First of all, what a great picture! Second of all -- and I hate to say it -- but it may be time to let Ruby go. I loved, loved, loved my first Subaru, which was a hand-me-down from my older sister. It was, by far, my favorite car (I've only ever owned Subarus) and it served me very well. But it began to nickel and dime me to death when it hit the 11-year mark...I fear this may be the beginning of your nickel and diming...

Anonymous said...

You jinxed yourself! It wasn't a few weeks ago that you were bragging on Ruby. Hopefully, it's some small part that will have her running again in no time.

Wendy

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Poor Ruby! Sounds like she has served you well but it may be time for her to find a new home.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ruby...good times though...good times

Kathy

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Ruby....hope all is well with her and she makes a quick recovery.

April