1. Tomorrow is one of the days we get to watch Lydia in dance class, I am really excited. I hope that she is listening and not just running around like a wild women.
2. The world of pretend, here we come. It is so darn cute to hear her talking to herself. "Hi Dora, How are you" "I'm good"...and so on and so on. She has been pretending with us for a little while, we are Merryweather and Flora while she is Sleeping Beauty..but just in the past day or two she has independently started picking up her toys and makes them "talk" to each other.
3. We have been getting her to sleep at night by having her read to her babydoll. It is so sweet.
4. Speaking of reading..my kid loves Mo Willems books..has anyone read Piggie and Gerald books to their kids? I am not allowed to read them to Lydia anymore..she has to read them to me. But she LOVES them. She sniffed out The Naked Mole Rat gets Dressed out of my bag as soon as I sat it down (She loves that book and I checked it out of the library yesterday) She plopped down and started reading it on the kitchen floor.
5. I am so thankful for an old high school buddy on Facebook. We cannot find two of Lydia most favorite DVD's. Mickey Christmas and Cinderella. We had them on our camping trip in July. I remember Lydia watching Cinderella twice when we were stuck on the interstate during a wreck. I have searched everywhere and we just don't know where it is. So I researched Cinderella and it is so expensive to buy it now b/c "it is in the Disney Vault". Even the cheaper ones I found on Ebay, they want a lot to ship it. Anyway, my facebook buddy said she would mail me her VHS tape of Cinderella. All she wants paid for is postage..THANK YOU!
6. On Saturday, we met my parents for breakfast and Lydia was messing with the folks behind us. Finally we let her down to go and see Poppi while he was paying. I overheard the man say. "Oh look how cute, HE just ran from him and went into the backroom." Really? She had PINK pants on..
7. Later that day we went to see our friend Dereck and his band play. A man said something about Lydia being a boy. Usually I just let it pass but I was already grumpy about what had happened that morning and I said. "Actually, she is a girl and her name is Lydia"..the mans response??? "Why do you keep her hair so short?"
8. At the last WVU game this one man kept repeatedly calling Lydia "him" even after he read her Cinderella and a Mermaid book. Finally a women that was with him said, "She is a girl, look at her shoes". Not to mention that the shirt she had on had her name on her chest.
9. To continue the theme..the creme de la creme. There has been at least three different occasions where men, after I correct them on Lydia's gender, tell me to pierce her ears!! I am not kidding you.
10. No wonder my kid has a dress fetish and tells me constantly "I can't like pants, mama, I can't like wearing pants."
My Cup Runneth Over by Ree
5 days ago