Tuesday, September 30, 2008
2. So she has picked up another word as of late...a phrase really....Damn it. Oh yes, we have had our first cuss word. She even uses it completely in context. Example, she was crawling down the steps backwards and put her foot in the cat water and said "Damn it". A couple of times when we have told her no, not to do something, she will say "Damn it".
3. I stayed home from work today. Lydia fell asleep while cuddling with me in my bed watching Cinderella. I heard her talking later on and found her snacking on the peanut butter crackers I had brought up earlier. When she saw me she said, "Mama, I eat crackers."
4. She has been putting socks on her hands and saying that she is cooking. I guess she thinks they are potholders??
5. When she sees the Mountaineers she says "Let's Go March"
6. She will now do "this little piggy" on herself and she remembers them too!
7. She likes to watch the digital picture frame and name off everyone and everything that comes on it.
8. "Kumpins" or pumpkins as you might know them to be called, are Lydia's new obsession. Daddy brought home two huge kumpins today and she was so excited. I cannot wait to carve them with her.
9. She is finally cutting the next two bottom teeth so now she has the four front, the four bottom and her four molars. I have no idea why she is cutting them in such a weird order.
10. Did I mention that I gave birth to Jesus? The other day I was doing laundry and I put one of Mark's tee shirts on her. ( My brothers and I always wore my dad's tee shirts to bed so that is where I got the idea) So when I got his shirt on her she raised her two arms and kept walking around saying Jesus. She has done this a couple of times but I never have the camera around. I hope to get a picture of it soon. I have no idea where this came from..if she is thinking of pictures of Jesus she has seen or if she is thinking of the priest...who knows with this child.
Monday, September 29, 2008
But for some reason I find this picture even more hilarious....
We are closer to having her big girl room ready. Mark's co-worker was in a horrible flood and we gave her the spare bedroom set out of the guest room. Now we have her toddler bed in there and her toys. There is sooo much room now. She loves it.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
2. Stupid thing number 2. I was doing a lesson in a recently divorced kindergarten teacher's class. Her old married name and our Principal's name is very similar. I did not think I did but the teacher claimed I called her by her old married name. I tried telling her I was saying the Principal's name (which I really was) but she said I didn't...so after my coffee stunt who knows. She was not happy with me either.
3. Stupid thing number 3. I was making the afternoon announcements and I forgot to unpush the all call button and everyone could hear me talking..luckily all I was saying was I almost forgot to do the afternoon announcements before everyone was yelling "we can hear you" . I am so glad I did not say something horrible..
4. Did I mention how glad I am to be going to a different school tomorrow?
5. I have already baked a cake for these teacher in case I do more stupid things and end up offending them as well.
6. Really I did, I had some leftover icing from cupcakes I baked this weekend. I wanted it out of my fridge. So I did a homemade (not box) chocolate cake with homemade cream cheese icing. I hope it turned out ok. I purposely did not make my famous brownies b/c I might eat them..I hate cake so my waistline is safe.
7. So I recently bought some Gap jeans. I bought the style that I usually love. I ordered them online..big mistake. They now are made with stretch. They grow all day and are extremely baggy by the end of the day. I hate that I spent so much money on these jeans that look so sloppy on me.
8. We got the second layer of mud on our bedroom...one more to go!
9. Lord God, I hope the Steelers and Mountaineers play better this weekend. Both of them are rival games ( I guess Marshall is our rival?) but the Steelers play Monday night against the Ravens....Oh I hate them!
10. The biggest news of all. Lydia is starting library school tomorrow. The Mannington Library is starting a 18 month-36 month program. There are three other little girls that are going to be there. I think Lydia going to have so much fun. I have the perfect outfit picked out now we just have to pray that between Poppi and Daddy, they get her cleaned, fed, dressed, and get a picture of her before 9am! Mark is going to ask Poppi to take pictures during the lesson..but who knows if that will happen.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Poor Miss Lydia's allergies are up to their old tricks again. I guess it is my fault for taking her off of the Claritin but it seemed as if things were better. So along with all the clear junk constantly running out of her nose, she is coughing. I am hoping that it will clear up soon and we do not have to start her back on her Singular. If we put her back on it, her doctor wants her on it until she is five. I had to beg to take her off of it this summer. I just hate when she is not feeling good.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Here is her dad telling her to my name back in the hat...no not really but he was pretty cranky that I got first pick.
Daddy got a pretty good pick..I cannot remember exactly what right now since this was back on Labor Day.
But don't worry for those of you who thought, hey maybe Paula's team is finally going to pull itself out of the gutter...anyone want to guess who I picked with my precious first pick???????
The number one points getter in the whole league last year....
The person that won my husband many many games last year...
The person who has won his team many many SuperBowls....
Tom Brady. The streak continues.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
2. Ruby is fixed again. The "new" water pump he put on broke. He towed and fixed it for free. She ran ok for a couple of days but she was making a noise again this morning.
3. Today has been a quiet day at my school. That always makes a better day for me.
4. The first layer of mud is up on our hole in the bedroom but now the worker has not been back. Pray for rain so he will come back and finish. I think he said it will take three layers. So make that two rainy days.
5. Warning, this statement will contain bragging. At church on Sunday, we had a etch-n-sketch for Lydia to play with. I thought this was going to be a quiet toy to keep Lydia entertained. Well Daddy thought to start writing letters and numbers on it for Lydia to say out loud! So anyway, this women leans over and says "how old is your daughter? she knows more letters than some of the kindergarten children I teach!" Can a person learn her letters from having Cinderella read to her 100 times a day???
6. Sleep is finally doing better. We switched up our nighttime routine. I bath, dress and read to her. Mark sings, rocks and lays her down. She goes down without a peep. If I try to lay her down all hell brakes loose. So for now this is working and I am happy.
7. My daughter officially has huge feet. Nonni bought her a pair of shoes with Cinderella on it. They were a size 5 and we could not get them on her feet. I guess the crocs and sandles gave me a false idea that her foot had stopped growing! But the Cinderella shirt did fit and she had to wear it the next day even thought it was hot and humid. She cried and cried when we could not get the shoes on her and when I called her Drizella she cried even harder...who knew she would be so smart and get that joke??? (I know that she most likely did not but the timing was perfect)
8. Is it bad that my daughter has coffee parties instead of tea parties?
9. I finally won a Cinderella dress off of Ebay. After being outbid at the last second, someone buying one "buy now" and so forth. I scored one and at an excellent price. I hope it comes soon and looks as good as the picture.
10. We found a bucket at Walmart with Cinderella on so now we are all set for Trick or Treat! Now we need some invites to some parties!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Here is Miranda, Dan, Kelly, Whitney, Anthony and Ericka
Here are Lydia and Braylon busting a move my Birthday CD.
Here is Lydia and I for a mommy and me photo and sharing some cake. Check out my bracelet. That was made especially for me from April. I need to get a picture our mommy and me WVU bracelets.
Here is Lydia trying to steal my fork
And here is the Hostess with the Mostess herself...Miss Miranda...she is the best!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
The picnic was held at a local park with a pool and putt-putt golf. We originally planned to play putt-putt but as usually Lydia had other plans. She decided to be sleepy and kinda cranky...that is until my high school history teacher's grandson came up to her and asked to go walk with him...then she was all smiles and giggles. There is a picture of them somewhere on the camera but I cannot find it. (our memory card has been eating our pictures....)
They had fun stuff for the kids planned. While Lydia slept through some of it, Sleeping Beauty did wake up in time to play with the bubbles.
Here is Lydia trying to help.
This was a pretty neat contraption. You put a small hole in the side of the cup and insert a straw. then you put a cloth on the top and "seal" it with a rubber band. Then you place the top in dish washing liquid.
It made some impressive bubbles.
She called them snakes and chased them around the park.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
So here is our little Cinderella doing her chores with Daddy. These were taken through my storm door so excuse the weirdness. She loves to sweep and will take the dry Swiffer mop and "sweep"
She is attacking those leaves isn't she?
Admiring her work..
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
2. On a positive...I have the best friends in the world. My birthday party was wonderful. I have some fun stuff that I am going to post. Miranda throws the best parties...she did all kinds of fun stuff.
3. Lydia has been fun lately. Using sentences when we ask her things...she amazes me everyday. I have a funny post coming up with her.
4. Have I mentioned on here before that I believe you should have to pass a test before you are allowed to have kids. The things I hear in this office....
5. Oh, so we have not had rain in like two months right...it stormed like hell last night and guess who forgot to close the stupid, stupid, stupid sunroof. I was soaked when I came to school today.
6. My job might be changing. They are thinking about combining one of my elementary schools with the middle school and making that one position. We will see what happens, I am not holding my breath.
7. I was excited while listening to the FOX sports radio this morning. They called the Steelers a powerhouse!! The AFC elite...wow I cannot remember a time those words were used with us. I hope it does not bite us in the ass.
8. I hope WVU takes this off week to re-group and calm down. I don't think we played all that well but I think East Carolina is better than people originally thought.
9. I miss my Friday afternoon buddy. We would go and have a margarita at the Mexican restaurant every Friday after school. She is off taking care of her family...I hope things get better soon.
10. Let's Go Steelers!!!!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
You might have noticed the pink outfit in the frame in the background. That actually is what I wore home from the hospital. My mom put my outfit, a picture of her holding me and a picture of my dad holding me for the first time in the bottom. If you look real close you can see my mom holding me. I really wanted a girl so I could hang this in her room. But there are no wall to hang things from in Lydia's nursery so I just placed it there so it was still in her room. I hope to be able to hang it in her big girl room!
Well we are feeling better in our house...the Steelers kicked ass!!!!!!!!!! We are forgeting that any team we cheered for played yesterday.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Lydia and I did not get to tailgate for several different reasons so that was photo op number 1 squashed. After the game we showered and went over to the hotel where Chris and April were staying with pizza's in hand. Here is the papa to be trying to handle a almost two year old!
I love this picture...it is so cute..I wish you could see April super cute baby bump...we are currently saving some moolah so that we can fly down either during spring break or summertime to see Max or Madison (correct me April if I screwed up the names) We might take a quick hop to see Mickey Mouse and Cinderella.
Friday, September 5, 2008
This picture is from Valley Falls...This was Lydia's first cookout. This is my favorite family photo.
I love both these pictures..it is in the oddest times that you notice how much they look alike...and act alike. I woke up to the picture above and snuck down to get the camera. Then the picture below. Lydia and Mark were just hanging out watching TV and I noticed they were laying the exact same way. I could not find the camera so I snapped this with my phone.
I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband and beautiful daughter. I have a great family and the best friends (cannot wait for Wendy's party in a bucket and Miranda's yummy food this evening). So no need to be sad just because I am no longer a young adult and just an adult. And I am not going to focus on I had to get my fat jeans out today to wear to work....because with this fat came the best gift God gave me.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
This was the only time she would even look at the field...when was this you ask...during half time while the band was playing "fusic"
You can see the look on her face when the football action began again.
She finally passed out in the fourth quarter. I felt so bad for her. I would have dressed her differently if I had known how hot it was going to get. When we left to tailgate it was raining and cool. Over all she did alright. I really did not get to watch the game much. She wanted to walk around up stairs and since is was so hot..I did not mind much. Lydia made a friend while walking up there too!
ps...excuse the hat...I have worn that hat to every football game since my freshman year at WVU...I have only forgotten one time in eight year...our last home game last of the season...yeah we all remember what happened at that game...so I will not forget again!
UPDATE..maybe it is the big birthday looming which is making me say I am younger than I am ...I was not a freshman in college eight years ago..that is when I graduated college..the hat is 12 years old.