Friday, September 19, 2008

Draft Day

So fantasy football is pretty big in our house. Mark is commissioner of one league and participate in other leagues. After a stellar performance the first year I participated...I have gone down hill ever since. So here is my beautiful daughter, the daughter who I carried inside me for 9 months, fed, bathed, fed some more, snuggled, cared for, (you catch my drift I am sure) picking the draft order.....and who does she pick to get the first pick....well me of course! Did you think she would pick someone else?

Here is her dad telling her to my name back in the hat...no not really but he was pretty cranky that I got first pick.

Daddy got a pretty good pick..I cannot remember exactly what right now since this was back on Labor Day.
But don't worry for those of you who thought, hey maybe Paula's team is finally going to pull itself out of the gutter...anyone want to guess who I picked with my precious first pick???????

The number one points getter in the whole league last year....

The person that won my husband many many games last year...

The person who has won his team many many SuperBowls....

Tom Brady. The streak continues.

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

I'm sorry, but...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hysterical, especially the way you worded it. Oh well, better luck next year!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

That's too bad! I can sympathize with you because I am not a lucky person!

Kimberly said...

We'll here' my salute to Mark via Bud Lite's "Real Men of Genius"


Today we salute you, Mr. Fantasy Football Manager Guy
(Mr. Fantasy Football Manager Guy)
Every year you assemble your closest friends to prepare for another season in the knockdown drag out world of make believe football
(4th and inches)
You were born with the one skill every manager needs to play fantasy football, absolutely no skill playing real football
(not so good at catching)
Imaginary catches, imaginary touchdowns, next up an imaginary score with an imaginary woman
(good imagination)
So crack open a nice cold bud light oh swami of the sidelines
You may come in dead last, but your always first with us
(Mr. Fantasy Football Manager Guy)

Bud light beer Anheiser Busch St. Louis Missouri

I but it out on our friend Joel every year too!

Stowers Family said...

Paula...you are too funny. And way to go Lydia....picking Mommy first. Just like she should ;)

April

TwinMommyLawchick said...

He has screwed so many fantasy teams this year I bet!

At least Lydia tried...