Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flashback 1978

So I am finally getting around to posting my birthday pictures. I had a great time at my party and was so thankful for those of you who came.

Here are some yummy cupcakes that April made.

Notice the paper that was on the table Miranda put together a list of some facts from 1978.
President:James Earl Carter, Jr.
Median Household Income: $15,064.00
Cost of gallon of regular gas: $.63
Cost of a first class stamp: $.15
Cost of gallon of milk: $1.71
Sony introduced the Walkman
Academy Award, Best Picture: Annie Hall
Super Bowl: Dallas d. Denver
#1 Song: Shadow Dancing-Andy Gibb
I am sure poor Miranda tried to find out some cool people that were born on my day but found that here are NONE...so here are some folks who turn thirty this year...
Clay Aiken,
Kobe Bryant,
Kevin Federline,
Nelly Furtado,
Katie Holmes,
Chad Johnson,
Ashton Kutcher,
Usher!
Miranda and Andrew made me an awesome CD that had the top three songs from 1978, the top three songs from 1996 (when I graduated high school) and some of my faves..Michael Jackson, Elvis, Kanye West, Jay-Z and the Rolling Stones...it was great!
Now to the food.....
Here is my Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream cake...yummy

Here are some of of the cool folks that showed up..Derek, Angie, April and Mark

Here is Miranda, Dan, Kelly, Whitney, Anthony and Ericka

Here are Lydia and Braylon busting a move my Birthday CD.

Here is Lydia and I for a mommy and me photo and sharing some cake. Check out my bracelet. That was made especially for me from April. I need to get a picture our mommy and me WVU bracelets.

Here is Lydia trying to steal my fork


And here is the Hostess with the Mostess herself...Miss Miranda...she is the best!

5 comments:

Stowers Family said...

Hope your 30 bday was wonderful. Sure sounds like it was. Thanks for posting a pic of you with the bracelet on - it sure looked wonderful with your purple top.

Love, April

Neurotic Atty said...

So let me get this straight...in the midst of gas lines and rationing, gas was only .63 a gallon? Yet now, when we have such an abundance of gas that OPEC is cutting back production, it's $4.05 a gallon? I don't see the logic. Anyway, happy belated birthday!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you had a pretty fantastic 30th!

Anonymous said...

Miranda can certainly throw a party. You guys had a great time. Welcome to the 30's....its a blast!

-Kathy

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am so jealous--the DQ cake is the best!