Tuesday, September 23, 2008

10 for Tuesday

1. I did the grossest thing today. I drank from my Principal's coffee cup today. It has nothing to do with her..I HATE drinking or eating after folks. I just wanted puke..but not in front of her since she might get a little offended. She had her cup sitting in a spot in the front office where I sometimes place my cup. I just picked it up and drank when she asked me why I was drinking her coffee. Luckily, it was very full and very hot so I am not sure she had even drank from it yet.


2. Stupid thing number 2. I was doing a lesson in a recently divorced kindergarten teacher's class. Her old married name and our Principal's name is very similar. I did not think I did but the teacher claimed I called her by her old married name. I tried telling her I was saying the Principal's name (which I really was) but she said I didn't...so after my coffee stunt who knows. She was not happy with me either.

3. Stupid thing number 3. I was making the afternoon announcements and I forgot to unpush the all call button and everyone could hear me talking..luckily all I was saying was I almost forgot to do the afternoon announcements before everyone was yelling "we can hear you" . I am so glad I did not say something horrible..

4. Did I mention how glad I am to be going to a different school tomorrow?

5. I have already baked a cake for these teacher in case I do more stupid things and end up offending them as well.

6. Really I did, I had some leftover icing from cupcakes I baked this weekend. I wanted it out of my fridge. So I did a homemade (not box) chocolate cake with homemade cream cheese icing. I hope it turned out ok. I purposely did not make my famous brownies b/c I might eat them..I hate cake so my waistline is safe.

7. So I recently bought some Gap jeans. I bought the style that I usually love. I ordered them online..big mistake. They now are made with stretch. They grow all day and are extremely baggy by the end of the day. I hate that I spent so much money on these jeans that look so sloppy on me.

8. We got the second layer of mud on our bedroom...one more to go!

9. Lord God, I hope the Steelers and Mountaineers play better this weekend. Both of them are rival games ( I guess Marshall is our rival?) but the Steelers play Monday night against the Ravens....Oh I hate them!

10. The biggest news of all. Lydia is starting library school tomorrow. The Mannington Library is starting a 18 month-36 month program. There are three other little girls that are going to be there. I think Lydia going to have so much fun. I have the perfect outfit picked out now we just have to pray that between Poppi and Daddy, they get her cleaned, fed, dressed, and get a picture of her before 9am! Mark is going to ask Poppi to take pictures during the lesson..but who knows if that will happen.

5 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Oh, sounds like you had a bad day yesterday! Hope today is better!

Why do jeans have to be so difficult? The next time I find a pair that I like, I'm going to buy several so I don't have to go through all the trial and error again!

Neurotic Atty said...

Bite your tongue! Marshall WANTS to be our rival, but Pitt is our REAL rival.

I hate jeans with stretch, too. Drives me crazy when you get the knee marks in them. I don't even know why they make them like that.

The recently-divorced teacher needs to get over it. (A) If you said it, it was an accident, and (B) if she's recently divorced, people will slip and call her the wrong name for a while still.

Mountain Mama said...

Have fun a library school tomorrow Lydia!

Stowers Family said...

Ugh, sounds like you had a rough day!! Hope Lydia enjoys her first day at Library School.

April

Anonymous said...

you didn't tell me about all that other stuff that happened! ouch. what a doozie. did you swish with listerine when you got home? man, mommy brain puts a hurtin' on us sometimes, doesn't it?
i can never tell when that certain k teacher is mad ... she's a hard read.