Friday, September 5, 2008

The reasons I am not too sad about turning the BIG 3-0


This picture is from Valley Falls...This was Lydia's first cookout. This is my favorite family photo.



I love both these pictures..it is in the oddest times that you notice how much they look alike...and act alike. I woke up to the picture above and snuck down to get the camera. Then the picture below. Lydia and Mark were just hanging out watching TV and I noticed they were laying the exact same way. I could not find the camera so I snapped this with my phone.



This was one of the funny pictures Mark sent me. Lydia is trying to grab it tongue I think.


There are no words for this picture..I think it is my very favorite one.


I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband and beautiful daughter. I have a great family and the best friends (cannot wait for Wendy's party in a bucket and Miranda's yummy food this evening). So no need to be sad just because I am no longer a young adult and just an adult. And I am not going to focus on I had to get my fat jeans out today to wear to work....because with this fat came the best gift God gave me.

5 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I turned the big 30 in January and, honestly, it wasn't too bad and it's been my best year yet! I am intrigued--what is party in a bucket??

Mountain Mama said...

Happy Birthday!...I hope I wear 30 as well as you do...I'm right behind you. PS: I meant to tell you tonight, your High School class mate that I work with said that you looked exactly the same as you did in High School when she saw you at the Mannington fair last month. Love the pictures.

Katie said...

I had to suck it up and cross the 3-0 line more than a month ago, so I understand the feeling. I hope you had a good birthday with friends and family. I can see why you love the picture of Lydia walking with her dad, and the one of both of them in bed definitely shows how much they look alike only Lydia is, of course, much prettier ;)

Kimberly said...

Happy birthday!!! Welcome to the club, it's not so bad!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paula!!!

Glad that 30 is treating you so well and on the bright side, you don't look a day over 25 ;)

Love, April