Thursday, September 10, 2009

Going against my OCD...

I am going to post pictures out of order. I know that people really want to see Lydia in her dance stuff so here she is...I will go back and fill in from the beach to now later.
Here she is in her original outfit . Rockin the purple pumps courtesy of Laura. Notice the foam piece around her middle. She was very upset that this outfit did not include a "ballerina dress".
She walks and dances in heels very well..some how this worries me..

She after several request to take her foam tutu off and then crying when forcible removed by mama, we compromised on one of her leotards that has a skirt. I was not 100% sure she was allowed to wear these and I guess there is still confusion if she is..but she LOVED it. She was hugging herself saying "I love ballerina dresses".

Warming up




These ladies are some friends in her class. They are of the daughters of the mothers I knew from work. This was the first time the girls met. She had one more buddy but she was a little later and did not make into this picture.



Here was Lydia's handiwork. She has been a picture taking fool. I will post more of those later.



She loved, loved, loved dance school. They danced to the princess songs for the ballet part and the Imagination Movers songs during the tap part. When Lydia came out to change her shoes, all she would say was "Change them mama, change them" then ran right back into the class after I put her tap shoes on her. I don't know how well she did in the actual class. Ms. Stephine did not ask me to come in and remove her and the helpers did not bring her out to me..so I guess she did ok. The last week of September we are allowed to watch from a window. I cannot wait! She did earn a stamp, sticker and a sucker that she was pretty proud of..




6 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

She looks so cute! I am so glad she loves it like you thought she would!

Anonymous said...

Oh Paula, she's all grown up! It's making me tear up. She will be in school before I blink my eye. I love her ballerina dress too!

Wendy

Jonathan's Mommy said...

She looks so pretty! That is awesome that she has found something that she loves!

Baby Springston said...

SHE IS TOO CUTE!!

Laura said...

So glad you posted these. And also glad that Lydia likes ballet school :) She's a gal after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. I can't wait to see her perform in her first recital. You gotta love her creativity too.

Kathy