Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snow Day

So on Monday we decide to go outside to play. Our neighbors has the same idea and asked if Lydia could come over and play. There was a little girl over there in the 2nd grade named Olivia (which is a name that Lydia gets called alot) Lydia of course kept calling her a baby. They had a good time trying to play mommy to each other.

So here we go up the hill with the sled.
Whew..that got kinda tough so Lydia and Olivia decided to try crawling up the hill




I guess the hill was never ending so Lydia ended up taking a ride up the hill! Spoiled much?




Then the really fun part..going down!


I wish we could have stayed out longer and Lydia got really mad when we brought her in. But even with doubling up the gloves, they both were still just material and her poor hands got so cold. I cannot find little waterproof gloves/mittens.
We originally wanted to make a snowman but the snow was too dry. We had a bunch of fun going up and down the driveway. We had all intentions on going out yesterday but I spent the day making a more permanent fort with a chest freezer box. It was time well spent though, when I left for my meeting Lydia was sitting in it watching Sleeping Beauty.



4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Wow! You guys had a lot of snow! I haven't been sledding in years but it looks like so much fun!

Katie said...

We haven't had enough snow for sledding either, but Jordan has a snow suit ready for when we do. I'm glad Lydia loved being out in the snow with a new friend.

Neurotic Atty said...

What a fun snow day! Lydia looks like she had a great time!

Stowers Family said...

I don't really miss the snow at all - just occasionally I wouldn't mind seeing it ONE TIME around Christmas. I guess we will have to take a winter vacation one year up to see you all so Max can see the snow!!! Looks like you all had a blast.