Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life Imitating Art...

So I had this grand idea to have some of mommy friends bring their kids to the Middletown Mall for the Halloween Party/Parade. I thought this would be an easy way for us to get our kids together, see them in their costumes, and chat...WRONG.

First of all, the mall was packed. For those of you in the area, you know there are no store to even shop at..I thought there was going to be like 50 folks there..WRONG. There were hundreds and hundreds. We had to just stand in line forever..have you ever stood in line with almost 2 year old. Yeah, she was everywhere. We finally found Miranda and her Luke Skywalker. So after standing in line for about 20 minutes, we decided that we were just going to leave because we really did not want our kids to have a bunch of candy and they really could not play with each other in the crowd. So we are stepping out the door when someone said...get this....your daughter lost her shoe..that is right, my little Cinderella lost her slipper at the ball. ARG....these are the shoes that Mark gave me grief for buying because they were so expensive..Miranda, Braylon and I looked everywhere (we really had not been that many places) I had them do an announcement. Still no shoe.

So as we were going to leave we ran into Mendi, Greg and their little monkey Karenna! We tried very hard to get pictures of the kids but none of them were really cooperating. I will try and post some of them later when I get home. Lydia did her favorite thing to do lately...flop down like she has no bones in her body like a 100 times. So we finally get home after a short visit with Karenna...and we put Lydia in bed. This morning I heard her in there planning her meals ("bite", "pasta", "cereal") so I was trying to do some yoga. Next thing I know, CRASH. Yep, she took a nose dive out of her crib onto our hard wood floors. She was not even asking to get out of bed or crying...She seems fine now. Dad said that she ate breakfast and did not get sick. She is walking around and talking just fine. I guess we are starting with the big girl bed tonight!

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

So I guess Cinderella never found her shoe...what a bummer! BTW, what is your friend Mendi's maiden name? I went to school with a Mendi, and I'm thinking there can't possibly be too many Mendis out there! LOL.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I just hate it when things don't turn out how you would like them to! That's a bummer that you didn't find the shoe! Good luck with the big girl bed!

Paula said...

well Mendi and I went to high school and college together and I know she went to elementary and middle school here in Marion County...

Anonymous said...

Oh...Cinderella....all that and no prince charming? :) Bummer.

Good luck with the big girl bed. I really need to get sewing that blanket. It was supposed to be done for when she went to her own room. Oh my!

Kathy

Neurotic Atty said...

Well, you're younger than me, and I went to school in Preston County, so there ARE two Mendis in the world! (And they grew up within -- what? -- 50 miles of each other!)