Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

So things have been a little crazy around here lately. School started back last Thursday so that set off some new issues with Lydia. She has been more than a little clingy. If I breath in the morning she is up and crying for me. We might be transitioning to the big girl room sooner than planned. It is too hard on my working mommy guilt to have her crying for me the whole time I am getting ready...the Wiggles did a good job of distracting her this morning but the last thing I want to do is get her "hooked" on another TV show...I am sure we will work it out in time.

Then on Sunday Mark broke yet another thing on wheels...Lydia's cart for the bikes. We went for another bike ride. We rode out for about 5 miles and then Mark wanted to have Lydia ride back on his bike to give me a break. Well he decided to practice going through the wooden poles they have up so that ATV riders cannot get on the trail...well after successfully going through like 10 sets of them..that set was not wide enough. So the cart was broken beyond repair. We are 5 miles from our car, with a broken cart, two bikes and a screaming kid. (she was not hurt, just mad to be in the cart and not going fast) Mark biked back to the car and planned on bringing the car to Pricketts Fort..only 2.5 miles away. I started the long trek with pushing my bike, and pulling the cart with Lydia screaming in it. A few people tried to help but the spring was completely shot and their was just no way of rigging it even to just get us to our car. This one gentlemen ended up coming back. He said that he was a member of the Fairmont Riders Club and they tried to help out anyone on the trail and he could not just leave me the way things were. I told him the only way I knew he could help was to find out what some of these other roads where and how to get to them so we could call Mark and he could pick us up there instead of Pricketts Fort. And that is exactly what he did. He was our guardian angel. It took me 45 minutes just to go half of a mile....God only knows how long it would have taken us to walk all the way back. We waited for Mark by a church that had an awesome playground. So that cheered Lydia up right away. He even called back Mark's cell phone to make sure he had found us..all that and I forgot to get his name!!
After our long hot dusty trek on Sunday, both Lydia and I have been fighting a bad allergy attack...and losing I might say. Monday evening I went to bed at 7:30 (after laying on the couch from 6:30-7:30) Lydia is back to coughing and such...but hopefully the Claritin will win out soon.
Another wacky thing...I looked on the home computer last night for a picture to put up with a 10 for Tuesday post...no pictures..can you believe we have not taken a picture of Lydia for over 7 days!!! Mark used to email me pictures every day while I was at work! I hope to get some good ones at the WVU home opener this weekend.
So headache/sinusache/heartache aside, things are going pretty well in Hatten land....Lydia spoke her first three word sentence. She was crying and she was able to tell us what had happened. Then another cute story. One day we watched Curious George and he had a periscope. The next day I was running the sweeper and one of the hose attachments fell off. She picked it up, put it to her eye and said "monkey"...I thought it was great that she was able to remember something like that from the day before...She is just getting funnier, cuter, and smarter every day..She is such a blessing in my life..ok,must not cry at work....damn this mommy guilt!

2 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

The mommy guilt will get you every time!
I would like to say that the happiness Jonathan got from watching Wiggles combined with the fact that I could get ready for work in peace was well with the irritation factor of the show itself. Just my opinion :)

I am in the same allergy battle right now! Isn't it awful?? I picked up some more Claritin and I hope it works soon!

WVU-Mama said...

Mommy guilt sucks the monkey! Shortly after we moved, I was having breakfast for Elizabeth and preparing her to go play with "the kids" (her daycare colleagues, as she calls them)...she started, "Oh no, Mommy. Don't go to work. Let's stay here and play in my room." I nearly quit my job! Then I realized that I am a better Mommy because I work...if I were home with her all day, I wouldn't be as patient with her when we do have time together. Plus, I like to say, "I didn't do all of this book learnin' for 'nothin!"

Thank goodness for guardian angels!

Let's Gooooooooo Mountaineers!