Sunday, August 10, 2008

Girly Things

So I try to expose Lydia to "boy" and "girl" things but lately she has been all girlie...I have had to give her some of my old/free/who knows where they came from make up brushes. She likes to put her make up on while I do..here is us getting ready for the Mannington Fair

She also likes playing tea. Now, while she was sleeping, I set up Elmo, Donald and Carebear and set the stuff out. She loved it. She just knew how to pour and feed the dolls their tea..it was really really cute.

She also is starting a love affair with Cinderella. She started liking the movie at the beach and now wants to read the book all the time. She carries her bucket and will say "rella"..she also can name Jasmine, Snow White, and Ariel. We are still working on Belle and Sleeping Beauty. I love how she says "rella" too..she sticks her tongue out..very cute.

4 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

I love the make up pictures. And she looks so cute at her tea party. I have learned that no matter what you try, the boy or girl personality still comes out. Hence the next post I plan to do on Braylon's blog.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I agree with the previous post, for most children, traditional boy and girl behavior seems to be ingrained. Jonathan loved trucks and trains from the outset and that is definitely NOT something I taught him!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did for her with the tea party. Some of my best childhood memories involve my parents "posing" my dolls, so when I woke up I always thought they were playing while I was sleeping. So magical :) I think you and her having Mommy and me time putting on make up is just precious. Sorry I hadn't posted on your blog the past week. Had been busy and you had a lot of pics to catch up on. So I will just saw that I saw them on and thought I would start back here w/ posting.

Love April
see you in 2 wks. can't wait.

Kimberly said...

How sweet!! It's crazy how early they want to "copy" the whole make-up thing. And man girl, you have a tan!