Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Three Rivers Coal Festival Parade

Here are pictures from Thursday evening. Fairmont has a festival that used to be called the Coal Festival and is now called the Three Rivers Coal Festival. The festival is not all the great anymore or so I hear..we actually did not make it down but the parade was great! Here are the famous Clydesdale Horses They were so pretty and very big!
We were excited to see the Mountaineers there!



I don't know what happened to my picture of the Wiener Mobile....I guess it did not upload. There also was a bunch of characters that were walking around and guess who was there....Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I did not get a picture because I was so excited to see Lydia's face. It took her a minute to realize who it was...I am sure she is used to seeing him in cartoon form on the TV but the look on her face when she realized who it was...it was just priceless.

Another cool thing happened last night. We were sitting around the table eating dinner and out of the blue Lydia started counting her crackers. She said 2, 3, 4, 6, 7. We both stopped eating and just stared at her. I have never really worked on her counting per se. I know that my dad will say her numbers with her...but the fact that she connected those numbers that her and Poppi say means to count out things...We got her to do it again and she did ended up adding 9 and 10. I am so proud of her.
I think what got her started was she saw a birthday invite on the table that had Elmo on it. She wanted to hold it and then she said "2" and the number two was on the invite...then we sat her down to dinner and she spouted out all those numbers. She still refuses to say 1. When you ask her how old she is, she will say 2. I know as a women that will not last long..no one wants to add a year to their birthday..especially when the current age ends with a 9...why are those zero birthdays soooo hard!

3 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Yay, Lydia! Such a smart cookie!

OK, don't tell me if my boyfriend, Pat White, was at the parade. I don't want to hate you out of jealousy.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Jonathan STILL hates the number six. Just flat out refuses to say it!

Clan MacAulay WV said...

I found you while researching "coal festival"...enjoyed seeing the WV blue and gold...Go Mountaineers!...