Monday, May 5, 2008

Mommy and me..Week 5 and 6

This is a picture of Lydia and i helping daddy with his flowers and gardens...I have some other really cute pictures of her watering the plants, I am going to post them tomorrow because they are on my laptop. Our week six is a non traditional post but it is something I have wanted to do since I knew I had a girl! Those who have known me for forever...you used to never see me without matching polish on my nails and toes...then various jobs made it impossible to keep polish on my nails but you will almost never see my toes without polish on them...even in the winter.
On Easter I put a very light color on Lydia's nails but Aunt Kathy was the only one who noticed. I wanted to put a nice pink on her but I did not have that color. The last time I bought polish it was when metallics were the rage...I have been spoiled since then and just went and got pedicures. So without further ado....

Mommy and Me Matching Pedicures

I did these myself and used Kim's highchair trick..while Lydia was busy snacking away on a yogurt...I did her nails. I finally remembered to buy some polish at my last Walmart excursion. I thought Mark would throw a fit (because he has every time I have talked about doing this) but he loved it. He has talked about her "cute toes" so much that now when you see her she will show you her toes and say "toes". He took videos of it to send his mom and I asked him to take this picture for the blog. I have been trying to be gender neutral on the toys I buy her and I have bought some blue, and even a boys tee shirt (the Mickey and Donald one) but let me tell you....I love doing hair, makeup and nails. You might now know it from how I look but I love doing other peoples. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a hairdresser. I have done nails and hair for many of my girlfriends weddings and some hair and makeup for West side's prom...this girl is in trouble. And don't think all my braiding of my Barbie's hair when to waste..I actually got a little rat tail braid in Lydia's hair the other day....

3 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Too cute! I love the toes!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I would totally be doing all of that if I had a girl! Love the toes!

Anonymous said...

Love the matching toes. What fun.

April