Friday, February 13, 2009

Top Ten Reasons I am sure it is Friday the 13th

So what a crappy week this has been.

1. My Zune is gone. I had it Tuesday morning when I left for work then when I went to get it to listen to some music during my lunch..it was not in my purse..but my earphones were. There is a possibility that it fell out of my purse but I think it is a stronger possibility that is was stolen. I am still sick over it. I hinted around for two years that I wanted one of these. My brother gets me one for Christmas and now it is gone.

2. I got stuck in the horrible wind storm on the interstate coming home from Morgantown. Nothing I have ever driven in scared me as bad as that storm. I almost got hit by a orange barrel and several cars who I am sure just could not see me. I am not even sure where on the interstate I pulled off or if I was even completely off the road.

3. I called Mark that night and told him to stay in Morgantown with the baby. He decided to try Rt 19. Well a huge branch came and shattered the windshield. He was able to drive it home..after he had to turn around from all the trees that were laying on the road. He ended up having to go the interstate after all.

4. My insurance refused to pay on anything for my windshield. Did I mention that I had just put a new windshield in the same car back in October?

5. We have been planning to go skiing for the first time in my life this weekend. I have so excited about it. Well as beautiful as the past two days were...it ruined our chances of skiing.

6. Lydia was exposed to Strep last week, that in itself is not a big deal, that is just a part of life...but I kept hoping her fever would start BEFORE we left for Cannan...but of course not. I am sure she is going to wake up in the middle of the night Friday with a fever. I had no idea that it take 10-14 days for a child to develop strep after being exposed.

7. Mark found two dead mouse/mole things down in our basement...YUCK. The only good thing about that was the kitties have been doing their jobs and they were dead. I am just glad the kitties did not put them in our bed. Thelma has been known to do this...ask Kathy and Dan.

8. My right arm and joints started hurting me again yesterday...since Thanksgiving, I have had shingles, gout and some sickness where I ran a fever for 5 days...I swear it feels like my shingles are back..the pain without the rash. They keep taking blood but nothing is showing up. I am about ready to be sent to the glue factory.

9. The wireless Internet has not been working at any of the schools. That means I cannot check my work email because I have it set up in Outlook on my laptop.

10. I bought the wrong size diapers on Tuesday. I took them back to Target on Thursday to exchange them and they would not let me. Now, after I had my baby shower, they let me exchange diapers for months....no receipt, nothing. But yesterday they wanted a receipt which of course Mark had. If I returned them without the receipt I would not get full credit.. for crying out loud, I just need the size 4's instead of the 5's!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. Now,back to your regularly scheduled Lydia posts.

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Not a good week! I'm sorry this is such a Friday the 13th for you. I hope you have the most wonderful Valentine's Day to make up for it all!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry :( I kinda had a yucky week too! Next week will be better :)

Katie said...

All those things really stink. I can't believe your insurance won't cover the damage to your windshield. I hope you all have a good time at Canaan and that Lydia doesn't end up with strep. One of the kids at Andrea's Halloween party had strep and didn't know it, so he exposed all of the kids there. Thankfully, I don't think any of them got it, so I hope Lydia has the same luck.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! And I thought we had a rough week last week! Hopefully this week will be better!

Mountain Mama said...

Sometimes life just sucks! Hope things are better this week.
PS: You are so kind not to reveal Braylon as the exposee.