Saturday, February 7, 2009

Birthday Madness

Ok so I did not get even half of the pictures that I wanted..I would have had no pictures at all on my camera if Miranda had not picked it up and took some. I was handling the kids and Daddy was using the video camera. But I know we had several folks out there that were taking pictures..I need pictures of Kaleb, Anisley, Andrew, and Karenna if folks out there have any..also any of the adults..We decided to not let the kids have all the fun and to dress up but I have no pictures of that either. Also a huge Thank You to everyones help, I would not have been able to do the party without you.

With that said..Welcome to the Royal Tea Party...


Here was the ceiling that Mark and I worked on for about 5 hours...don't ask. Here are the kids drinking their "tea". They did so great. I think they felt very grown up. They were very careful and none of my Fiestaware was broken and more importantly no kids got cut.

Here are the cupcakes that April made..yummy. Cupcakes were so much easier to deal with for the kids I think.

The icing was the favorite part I believe. There were also beautiful sugar cookies that Wendy had made. Here were the ones from last year. This year they were wonderful tiaras and shields...but I have no pictures of them.
We had kids of all ages and everyone seemed to have a really good time. We had different princesses also..
Cinderellas

Tinkerbelles

and Princess Annabelles!




You cannot forget that we had several knights there as well! Miranda made these wonderful shields..(Mir I swear we took pictures of these the night we made them but I cannot find any) and picked up some Burger King Crowns. We had a decorating station set up with crayons and foam stickers for the kids to decorate their shields of virtue and pictures of Sleeping Beauty dress.




Here was after long evening of fun.....the two best friends being silly, eating grapes.





The party went so well. All the kids played well with each other. A few needed a little time to warm up but we had no MAJOR meltdowns that I knew of. It was hard work but so worth it to see Lydia have so much fun with her friends.

5 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Your ceiling looks great! That totally looks like a fun party!

Neurotic Atty said...

How fun!!! Happy birthday, Miss Lydia!

Kimberly said...

Looks like a fabulous party!!! I can't believe she's 2!

WVU-Mama said...

Too precious! What a fun party!!! And what a good Mommy you are -- I don't even let E use HER Fiestaware let alone mine. Seriously. And the ceiling looked unbelievable!!! To think I told Reid I was never going to use crepe paper again...

Doris Weekley said...

Lydia is so beautiful! I cannot believe how much she has grown. Don't worry about them getting into things. Andrew used two bottles of Pert shampoo on my white bathroom walls. He alsmost did not survive I was so mad. But in the whole scheme of things it is just a little bump in the road. Braylon really likes playing with Lydia. Keep up the GREAT work Mama!