Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ice Skating

Here we are ice skating at Canaan Valley. It was so fun. I have always loved ice skating and do not go nearly enough. Mark did not enjoy it as much as I did..he had a little trouble letting go of the wall! These were taken after Lydia and I's fourth trip around and she was getting a little tired. But she did great. When we first put the skates on her, she was pretty wobbly. But when I got behind her and skated around with her, she just kept saying "whee, I'm skating". Then I finally put her done on the rubbery stuff and she just took off. She walked around on the skates like she has always had them on her feet!

Our only tumble of the afternoon. Her skate got tangled up in mine.


She of course never really moved her legs but was really good and keeping her legs and ankles straight so I could easily push her along. I see much more ice skating in our future..with daddy as the camera/hot chocolate man.






3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I've never gone ice skating and I suspect I would be more of a Mark.

Lydia looks so cute with those itty bitty skates!

Kimberly said...

How cute does she look!!! Sophie is dying to go skating since we went to Disney on Ice but I SUCK so i don't think that's gonna happen for awhile!

Mountain Mama said...

It looks like so much fun!