Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Aunt Wendy


On Friday Lydia and I went to dinner with Wendy, Bryce and Cathy. We had a really good time. I have surprised myself on how much I can do with one hand while feeding Lydia a bottle with the other. After dinner we went up to Target to grab her some formula. It is weird to me how complete strangers will come up to me and compliment her and want to know how old she is. And when they find out that is 2 and half months old they always say how little she is and want to know how much she weighs and what she weighed when she was born. Other mothers will want to talk about her, if she is my first kid, is she sleeping though the night, one mom (who I did not know, met her in the Starbucks in Target when her little girl wanted to come and look at Lydia) asked me about my labor! I guess having kids just gives you this motherhood bond with other mothers.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Now don't those two need a little one of their own!!!!!!!!! Ditto on the random people coming up to you. I guess you're right, once you have a baby you've joined the fraternal brotherhood of motherhood!