Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

I had found when I told folks who Lydia was going to be for Halloween that Sword and the Stone was not Disney's most popular movie. So I have provided some pictures so you know who we are


Disney's version of Sword in the Stone


The Hatten Family's version of The Sword in the Stone

I do have to say, these were the most fun costumes we have done yet. Most everything was something we had to we borrowed. I enjoyed creating the costumes instead of just buying a pre-made one. I thought you could see the "inscription" on the sword from this picture.
Here is Merlin, Wart/Boy/King Arthur, Merlin and the Archimedes the Owl. In the movie, Arthur's foster family call him Wart or "the boy" most of the movie. So if you ask what Lydia what she was for Halloween she would tell you "the boy". I thought we would just embrace Lydia looking like a boy instead of fight it.and here is our version. I think we entered Mark and Lydia in a Father/Daughter contest they would have won. Everyone commented on his costume, no one guess Merlin exactly but they all knew he was a wizard. If you want to see a cool Mother/Son combo head on over to Miranda's blog..she has come cute pictures of the kids together as well.




Mad Madame Mims. She is a female wizard that Melin duels in the movie. I guess there is such a character in the book but her name is something different. It is too early for me to text April what it is so just believe me or google it! Here is Wart trying defeat the evil Mad Madame Mims. I tried very hard to make my hair purple. I used two cans of that spray stuff.
Lydia and Braylon trick or treated a little together in Braylon's neighborhood.

Then we visited our friends that we do every year b/c they all live in like a half mile radius of each other.

Vickie and Jack



Uncle Mike and Aunt DJ




and what officially was our first place but I was tired of fighting the pictures on here



Mike and Donna's


Archimedes, I think he is my favorite character in the movie. I first was going to try and be him but Owl costume was going to be too hard. Thanks Braylon for letting us borrow your Owl! He is riding on top of Mark's hat in case you missed him the first time.

More Halloween 2007


We made it to my mom and dad and Aunt Kathy's but I think that was toward the end of the evening and the kids were really fighting the cameras. I know I did not get any pictures but Kathy and Nonni might have.


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love making costumes too!! What a cute idea! That reminds me that I need to get that movie for Soph.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I loved putting together Jonathan's costume last year and would have enjoyed it this year but that is not so easy to do with a fireman.

I love the Sword and the Stone! You did an awesome job with the costumes! I love it that Lydia had a non-traditional costume!

WVU-Mama said...

You've mentioned before that you have fought with Blogger to get pictures to post the way you want them...you may want to try Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/), that is what I use when I'm posting more than a pic or two to my Blog...gets waaaay too frustrating...

Awesome costumes, BTW! You & Mark are so creative! :-)