Saturday, June 20, 2009

Slammed

So I always do this to myself..the first two weeks of summer break and I try to pack in all this stuff. I do have pictures but they are still on the camera. But there were a few things I had to share that Lydia has been saying/doing...

In the car yesterday coming home from Sam's Club "look, look, it is an octagon! look mommy". Now I fully expected to see a stop sign and thinking she just knew that stop signs were octagons from Noggin, not knowing an octagon is a shape with 8 sides..but I will be damned when I looked to see what she was pointing to, it was a octagon window on what used to be Laundromat!

When we have been trying to get her to do something she does not want to do she will say "nah..tomorrow" on the same token this morning she blew me away when she said, "play at Nonni's house at the pool. play at Nonni's house yesterday" and that is exactly what we did yesterday..where does she learn how to use these words!

We are at 100% for going number 2 in the potty. Not so well on the number 1 side. Of course my daughter has to be backwards. She will do ok when she is bare bottomed but you put panties or God forbid a pull up on and she will pee in them and not care one bit!

Speaking of bathroom habits, yesterday I was having Lydia wash her hands after a potty attempted and she sang her alphabet. The whole thing. Mark has been teaching her to do that while washing to get her to scrub long enough.

This is such a fun age!

2 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

You just never know what is going to come out of those little mouths! They are sponges!

Katie said...

I know I haven't been around Lydia since last fall but even then she blew me away with her level of conversation. She is so smart! Good luck with the continuation of potty training. Jordan will tell us that she wants to sit on the potty but then screams and freaks out when we get into the bathroom, so I don't know when she is going to decide to try it.