Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mother Daughter Tea

My mom's Ladies group from her church held a Mother Daughter Tea this year. Lydia and I made the trek to Mannington in hopes of some good company and yummy eats!
Here is my mom, Lydia and myself. It might be our first "generational" photo. I know, I know that Lydia is like a carbon copy of her daddy just like I was a carbon copy of my daddy. (Someone told me it was good luck if daughters looked like their dad's..was that you Whitney?) Anyway, if you look really close, you will see that Lydia, Mom and I all have the same mouth/chin combo and have the same smile. Nonni even hopped on the black/white bandwagon!


Here is Whitney and her Daughter Annabelle. Here they are from 9 months ago.

Somehow this is the only picture of Sylvia I got. Sylvia was my Grandfathers girlfriend for several years before he passed away. She was my school cook and made the most yummy rolls. (For those of you keeping count, when I was in high school, my dad was my principal, my uncle was my counselor and my "grandma" was my cook, can we say I was one of TWO seniors there on senior skip day) She was a family friend before her and Pap got got together and of course has stayed in our family since his passing. I was so glad to see her there but could kick myself that I did not get a better picture of her and Lydia...
I do not know what is up with Lydia and I eyes on this one..Mark says my right eyelid does funky stuff when I am tired and stressed. Looks like Lydia's left is going to have the same problem.

We were trying to get a picture again but Lydia wanted to dance.



Enjoying some cookies. This place has a spread. It was so yummy.


We are still battling sleep here at the Hatten house. This has been going on for about 6 weeks. We have tried cry it out, we have tried rocking her again and even reverted back to co-sleeping to get some kind of rest. We have tried giving up the nap, taking longer naps. We have tried running her to death. We have tried giving her a snack. We have tried bargaining.( I will leave the door open if you stay in bed etc) Last night I had a pillow in front of her door with my Zune to drown out her screaming and pounding on the door just to keep her in her room. This after the child only slept 3 hours the night before. Lord help us.









3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

My right eye does that too! How funny!

You look so pretty in your dress and I love the coordination. I cannot believe you are still having the sleep battle! I hope it's over soon!

Neurotic Atty said...

I love it that your dresses match! And I love, love, love Lydia's hat!

Mountain Mama said...

As much as Lydia does look like her daddy, I totally agree that she has your mouth and chin.
Let me just say that for all the lack of sleep Lydia has been getting, she looks as energetic as ever...but I bet you and Mark sure are dragging...we would love to keep her one night so you guys can get some sleep, if you would like.