Tuesday, November 18, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Sorry about the lack of first Haircut photos. My hairdresser is supposed to send them to me. I will post them when I get them..it was not that dramatic. We could not even get enough hair to save for her book..

2. Today is one of the reasons why I work for the state for crappy pay..SNOW DAY. I love being home with Lydia and I love that when the roads are bad, I don't have to drive with Lydia.

3. Tonight Mark and Lydia were playing the guitars and Lydia was singing..it was really cute.

4. My house is so cold. We need to replace the window in the kitchen, it is so old and drafty, it make the whole bottom floor freezing. I hate putting plastic up in the window but it does help.

5. I dabbled around with potty training today. I have been putting her on the potty for a little while after diaper changes and before baths. But today I pulled out the big girl panties. Yes we are using panties. She hated the word underwear for some reason but got excited when I mentioned big girl panties. It went pretty well. I think we are going to go for it over Thanksgiving. Any advice mommys?

6. I paid more for Lydia's Disney Princess underwear than I have paid for my own underwear in years. What is wrong with me?

7. We are traveling for Thanksgiving to Kentucky. This will be the first time Mark's mom has seen Lydia since she was 6 months old.

8. I am selling my bar/Microwave cart. If anyone is interested let me know. We had a couple of incidents where we have been chasing Lydia trying to pry a bottle of tequila out of her hands..so that stuff has moved to the basement. Plus it is glass and metal..does not match my dining room set. I have pictures if you would like to see them.

9. I am cooking a Thanksgiving dinner of sorts on Saturday for my family since we all will be scattered on the actual day. We are going to eat during the game. I am going to serve food in the first half since we might not have an appetite in the second half.

10. Those those of you that were jealous of Lydia's WVU rocking chair..you are going to wild at what she got today from her Great Uncle Mike and Great Aunt DJ...pictures soon.

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Still looking forward to the haircut photos...

Here is my potty training advice, for what it's worth. Keep in mind that Jonathan turned 3 in early July and we did potty training late July. There is a book out there about potty training in one day. I didn't read it, but my understanding of the gist of it is you have a "potty party", give some gifts and cake (we used donuts, it was seven a.m since you are supposed to start right when they get up). We talked it up the whole week, got some new undies (I also paid more for them than I have for myself in MANY years). Then we went to undies and didn't look back but for nap and sleep time. He was really into it. We did it over a weekend when we were home. We started on Saturday morning and he went to school on Monday in undies with only one minor accident over the weekend. Our pediatrician said no pull ups, but we did use them during nap times. Since July, we've had a few accidents but are 100% undies all the time. It's awesome. Good luck! It was a lot easier for us than I thought it would be!

That's funny you'll be in KY for Thanksgiving because I'll be in WV--maybe we will pass on the interstate!

Paula said...

She is showing all the signs of being ready minus being dry at night. But I am just going to diaper at night and see how it goes. I know some of the other experienced mommies said not too but I still cannot sleep through the night without having to pee so I am not really expecting Lydia to do that night. But I am going to do panties during the day. She peed in them yesterday (but after two successful trips to the potty) and in her defence, she came to me as soon as she felt wet but it was just too late. I think one or two times of that and she will catch on. But if it does not work out those first couple days, I will just try again around Christmas, I will be home two weeks at that time.

Anonymous said...

OK ... this is coming from my experience with 3-yr-olds in a preschool/daycare. Most of them were potty-trained, but several of them were still very new at it.
I always treated accidents with as little negative reaction as possible ... accidents are accidents (even when they felt it coming and didn't want to stop playing). However, I ALWAYS expected the child to change his/her own clothes. I would help if necessary, but I usually just gave oral instructions. They were in charge of finding new clothes, changing their clothes, and putting their wet clothes in the proper place. Not only did this make them less likely to pick play over potty, but it also gave them a huge boost of independence.