Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

well i guess it is true if someone puts it on a cake! i still cannot believe it sometimes. i got and email from one of the baby sites i am registered on and it asked the question, "when did you first feel like a mom?" it wanted you to write it out and email it in..i did not send the email but it did get me thinking. i was a couple of weeks ago, we went to play cards with my parents and some family friends. lydia was getting tired and cranky. all of the"seasoned" parents were trying to comfort her with no luck. finally i took her, she snuggled right up to me and calmed down. i was just thinking wow, i was the only one who could comfort her, i am somebody's mom!! it was nothing special that i did, she just calmed down b/c it was her mommy holding her. so i would like to hear from you mommys...write a comment and tell me when you first felt like a mom.

so i thought i would end this post with a picture from today. and in true new mommy form. i did not take any picture during the day when i did have some make up on and she had her cute outfit on....no, here is a true look on motherhood on mothers day. mommy's hair pulled up into a twist b/c there was no time to fix it, the bare essentials of make up that had worn off hours ago, face still "puffy" from pregnancy weight, wearing a stretchy skirt b/c i still do not fit into most of my clothes. lydia's nose red from crying, shirt wet from drooling, binkie in her mouth chillin' on the couch...woundn't trade my little monkey for the world!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY MARK PAULA AND LYDIA, I CHECK THIS BLOG EVERY NOW AND THEN TO SEE THE UP TO DATE PICTURES OF LYDIA. I ENJOYED YOU MOTHERS DAY POST. I THINK I WAS BORN TO BE A MOM AND MAW MAW. BEING A MOM IS ALL I EVER WANTED TO DO. ALTHOUGH BEING AN AUTHOR NOW IS PRETTY AMAZING FOR ME. MY BOOK SHOULD BE DONE IN SEPT. BUT THE FACT IS I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST FELT LIKE A MOM. THAT'S BEEN TO LONG AGO.~~~LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS ~~~BONITA

Anonymous said...

FORGOT TO GIVE YOU MY WEB PAGE ADDRESS MIRANDA MADE FOR ME. CHECK OUT MY BOI.~~~BONITA

http://bonitasbooks.googlepages.com/