Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am stealing this idea from my friend Jennie because it is less stressful than trying to come up with 10 things!


I am thankful that Lydia is a good eater. I read and hear about these stories where kids will only eat 5 things. She has gone through little phases where she did not want to eat but we have found it was more of a control thing than a food thing. (I know experienced parents..big shocker there) If we place the plate in front of her and say nothing about it she will eat pretty much anything we put on there. Last night she ate fish and corn!
I am so thankful that we were able to take Lydia to Disney. I just cannot believe how blessed we were to be able to that so early on in her life when it was still so magical for her.


I am thankful for Thelma Lou. We could never ask for a better cat. She is so patient and loving with Lydia. She even did great with Annabelle when she came over.


I am not thankful for the biting stage that we are going through right now. I thought about posting the HUGE bruise on my arm that my loving daughter gave to me on Mother's Day but I reconsidered it. Yes, it was so big and deep that it is still on my arm 5 days later. I have no idea why this started back up but it need to end FAST. I am losing my patience with it.



8 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

It's always nice to take a step back and recall the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.

The biting stage is, luckily, not one that we had to go though, but I know a lot of kids go through it and it should pass. Likely not a consolation right now with your big bruise, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Neurotic Atty said...

I know this sounds terrible -- and as a school counselor, you will probably cringe -- but a woman I work with swears by the "bite back" remedy. One of her daughters used to bite the other one, and one day the mom said, "Just bite her back." The biter never bit again. I've heard other moms say this worked for them, too. Of course, it could've been a fluke. And you could end up just reinforcing the biting, too. Good luck, whatever you do. Just know that you aren't alone!

Paula said...

Most folks have been telling me the same advice Lara. I will say that she is lucky that the bite happened in Church because I have never been closer to whipping her (which I have never done) then that day. She would not let go of me!! I could not believe it.

Laura G said...

Well...I'm DEFINITELY no parent, hahaha, but...Todd's sis bit him all the time when he was about Lydia's age, and finally, my mother-in-law said she got fed up with it and bit his sis back and she didn't really do it anymore! Who knows...bold move though.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I might sorta know of a mother who happens to have twins wherein the boy went through a stage of biting the girl mostly in the bath tub. The mom might have bitten the boy enough for him to be surprised and feel it and the boy never bit again.

DISCLAIMER: The above is a fictional account. Any similarity to a real story is unintentional and should not be used to enact abuse and neglect proceedings. Besides, I know the people who handle those appeals. :)

Mountain Mama said...

Miss Thelma Lou is an amazing cat. Poor Bray has never known the pleasure of curling up with either of his two deranged kitties.

Kimberly said...

Andrea's comment cracked me up!! And your are definitely blessed, despite the biting! HA!

Katie said...

The biting thing definitely stinks. Jordan has been bitten 4 or 5 times at daycare and I figure it is only a matter of time before she starts it. For now, she is content with hitting- for fun, when angry, when the mood hits (pun partially intended). Good luck with the biting. Since Lydia is so into her princesses, I'm glad you all got to take her to Disney. She is adorable even if she has a bad habit!