Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. The biting has stopped for now. I did not bite her back but I might have really lost my temper while she was biting my hip and yelled at her like I have never yelled at her before (hanging head in shame). It really scared her. I am not proud that I did that and I am not planning on doing it again..but it did seem to stop it.

2. The bruise on my arm from Mothers Day is still there..I am beginning to think I should have not let her watch Twilight LOL!

3. Now we are on a sleep strike. She seems to be fine but mommy and daddy are exhausted. Going to sleep around 11:30 after trying since 9pm to get her down, then getting up around 6...and waking up once in between.

4. She is just getting funnier and funnier. She was playing with a little boy yesterday at my parents house. She just bossed him around and when he did not listen "Two minutes little boy". Mark did not seem one bit surprised that MY little girl was bossy...hmmmm

5. I have to announce that I drove to Mannington last night and did NOT get a Dairy Queen. That is really record for me.

6. Remember that silly robe that I bought guiltily for no other reason than it matched her big girl room. Lydia loves it. She will barely will let you dry her off before she is yelling for her robe. She loves running around the house in it.

7. My mom bought Lydia a bike. She has been asking for one every time we go to Walmart and she sees them. She got it at a yard sale.

8. I love my Zune. We survived WVU graduation by downloading Wonder Pets, Backyardigans, and Sesame Street onto my Zune and let Lydia watch. Much less obvious then bringing the DVD player. I have to give props to the Eberly College of Arts and Science though..they had a wonderful speaker at graduation. He is the creator of Mountainstage and he sang and told really funny stories.

9. Lydia and I have been tyring to do a Kids Yoga routine from this website YogaToday podcast on Zune. She likes downward dog and frog. I try and do the hour long adult session the actual website when I can sneak in an hour to myself.

10. Only 12 more days of school with kids, 14 more for teacher..WHOOO HOOO...

3 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Lucky you...the speaker at my niece's graduation suuuuuucked. I thought about biting him to see if that would shut him up.

Kimberly said...

Great about the biting!! And Sophie LOOOVES her Dora robe.

Katie said...

I about lost my mind on Wednesday when I got an accident report that Jordan, who has never bitten anyone at daycare, bit 3 children that day. When I talked to her about it at daycare, she knew she was in trouble, so she parked herself in a chair and refused to come with me. As I drug her out of daycare kicking and screaming, she hit me in the face several times and refused to stand up. According to a friend at work who saw me at that moment, I looked pale and furious. I totally understand screaming and then feeling guilty a few minutes later because that is exactly what I would have done if we weren't at daycare and then in my office. Grrrr.. Hopefully she won't re-start the biting.

I'm glad you all survived graduation. I know I get bored during a lot of those speakers!